My Firework

Thursday, June 7, 2007

musings of all kinds

Coffee Cup Musings



On particularly bad days I begin by spending an half hour with my cup of coffee at the Shivaji Park Barista. Amidst two or three pairs of misty eyed couples, one guy who is always there and sodden baristas who make industrial waste type coffee, I get my bearings and my sense of balance. I need it since I have either driven down or have been driven from the western suburbs of Kandivali West on a road that resembles bombed out Iraq ( smoke from burning carcasses of black sooty tar drums, one ancient road roller, MSRDC bunk type trenches and another broken down Indica.

Try the coffee, if it does not cheer you it will atleast give you a sense of how lucky you are to survive after consuming the sludge. Mahim bay muck looks quite similar. Must make a note to ask the barista guys where they source their coffee beans from.

Elephant / Eliphipant musings



Trucks, cars, buses, bikes and an elephant on Mahim causeway!!! An elephant? well I thought after one lady elephant died a cruel death on the Pune highway they managed to chase all the guys with these gentle animals out of Mumbai.

It is nice to see this one lumber on in the morning traffic. Cheery too, like the time I took my daughter to the Ayyappa temple to show her the Elephipant there, she was eight months old then and I doubt she understood why her father insisted on her touching the elephant. Atleast she decided to oblige and give me a blank look later. Elephants are nice I told her, they never forget and I know you will never forget this one. She did.

Afternoon sun musings



Tried looking at the sun today, it stung like never before. Then captured it on the phone camera, locking the poor sod in pixels. Maybe one day we will let him out.

No comments:

Tweet